Legal support of investment projects
The “RSALIN & PARTNERS” Law Firm offers its Clients in support of investment projects in the territory of the Republic of Kazakhstan (hereinafter – RK).
Investments in Kazakhstan:
Over the past few years, the President of Kazakhstan has made significant changes to the draft of the investment policy of the RK. The priority goal of this policy is the stabilization and growth of the economy, strengthening its social orientation, attracting foreign investments on a mutually beneficial basis in priority sectors of economy.
Investment attractiveness of Kazakhstan is caused by the following factors:
1) Business climate of the country;
2) Existence of rich natural and mineral resources;
3) Favorable geographical position of Kazakhstan.
Current existing conditions for the realization of investment projects in the territory of Kazakhstan:
- Exemption of customs duties;
- Full-time grants up to 30% of the fixed asset’s value;
- Visa-free travel for 53 countries;
- Permits for the entry of foreign workers;
- Exemption from VAT;
- Reimbursement of up to 30% of investment costs;
- Ensuring the stability of the concluded contracts with some possible amendments in the legislation of the RK;
- Reliable protection of investor’s rights;
- Preferences in special economic zones (SEZ);
- Reimbursement of up to 50% of the costs associated with the export of domestic processed goods;
- Investment subsidy.
Protection of investor’s rights
- From the January 2018, the independent court in Astana is going to be opened, which will be based on the principles of judicial practice in England and Wales and standards of leading international centers.
Our company offers services in the following areas in the field of investment:
1. GREEN FIELD INVESTMENTS (investments, opening business in the RK)
2. BROWN FIELD INVESTMENTS (investments, acquisition of operating business in the RK).
Services include the following:
- Legal consultations of investors on the issues of the current legislation of the RK, the current conditions for doing business in Kazakhstan;
- Selection of certain type of investment;
- Selection of the most favorable regions for the investment climate;
- Legal due diligence of investment activity objects;
- Preparation of draft investment agreements, agreements of intent with regional and local authorities;
- Settlement of corporate issues (creation of legal entity, preparation of corporate documents, recruitment issues, etc.);
- Assistance in obtaining the required permits, licenses, registration of enterprises and investments;
- A broad range of legal services for the planning, creation and maintenance of investment funds;
- Preparation of transaction structures (investment project);
- Support for the acquisition of assets, including preparation of draft contracts;
- Forecasting and analysis of risks after the acquisition of assets, developing measures to minimize the risks, analyzing and assessing the tax consequences of the transaction;
- Representation of the interests of non-residents in relation to the state authorities of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Protection of rights and legitimate interests of foreign investors in the courts of Kazakhstan;
- Preparation of legal opinions regarding the protection of investments in accordance with the international norms and national legislation of the Republic of Kazakhstan;
- Full support of the activities of the established or acquired business in the Republic of Kazakhstan.